I have searched many softwares to rename multiple files at once for saving my precious time but most of them were either demand much $$ or most of them were not meeting up my demands. At last i found a FREE software known as “BULK RENAME UTILITY” with lot of useful string manipulation options.
Bulk Rename Utility is a simple utility which allows you to rename multiple files and folders, based upon flexible criteria. For example, you can add a prefix or suffix to a file, or you can change three letters with four other letters in a filename. There are lots of ways to manipulate file and folder names.
The Bulk Rename Utility was written by Jim Willsher using Visual C++ with the Microsoft Foundation Classes (MFC) architecture. It is a true 32-bit application, designed and built for 32-bit platforms.
The application supports flexible renaming criteria, including:
· Select files and/or folders
· Files and/or Folders
· Full support for Perl-5 Regular Expressions
· Change the file name, or use a fixed filename
· Convert the extension to lower case, upper case, title case – or replace it – or add a secondary extension – or remove it – or leave it alone!
· Replace text with other text
· Add a fixed prefix
· Add a fixed suffix
· Add text to the middle of a name
· Remove the first n characters
· Remove the last n characters
· Remove from the nth character to the nth character
· Remove a list of characters
· Remove all digits, characters or symbols
· Change to lower case
· Change to title case
· Auto-number files, with a prefix or suffix, and with a predefined minimum-length if required.
· Prefix or suffix the filename with various dates (date-modified, accessed, created, or today’s date), in many different formats with variable separators
· Append the folder name to the file
· Store your frequently-used criteria as Favourites
· Copy or move the renamed files to a new location
· Set or clear attributes on the files (not folders)